Attn: Graduate Students, Post Docs and Faculty Members…
Are you looking for a way to get a handle on your academic career?
- Make steady progress in your research and writing?
- Work without feeling stressed and overwhelmed?
- Make the most efficient use of your time?
- Balance work demands with the other things that are important to you?
- Finish a thesis or dissertation?
- Publish a paper or book?
- Reach tenure?
- Find an academic position?
To help you successfully reach your academic, career, and life goals in an efficient and satisfying manner.
Our Bigger Mission:
To help you enjoy and find satisfaction in academia while living a rich and fulfilling life.
What we can help you do:
- Do the writing you need to do to advance your career
- Identify and overcome any ineffective work habits.
- Clarify your priorities.
- Develop a work schedule that will work for you.
- Help you stay focused and on track.
- Maintain steady and consistent progress.
- Get your work done while still “having a life.”
- Feel a sense of personal satisfaction and enjoyment about your work.
I’m Ready! How Do I Get Started?
- Look over the 3 choices below (you may decide to choose more than one)
- To join the AWC (Academic Writing Club), just click on the link.
- To join a dissertation coaching group, go to our Join a Dissertation Coaching Group! page. You can sign up right on the page.
- To discuss coaching with our Academic Ladder Coaches, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We will contact you within 24 business hours to set up a time to chat with you about how one of our coaches can help you.
The Academic Writing Club is an online program that, as painlessly as possible, empowers you to:
- Learn practical strategies for developing a daily writing plan
- Put those strategies in place using an online accountability tool
- Belong to a small online group, led by a coach
- Develop a plan for maintaining your new level of productivity
- You can join with a Nickname, and remain anonymous, if you wish
- Read more about the Academic Writing Club by clicking here .
- Get your dissertation written more quickly and with more creativity!
- Clarify your priorities and develop the best writing habits
- Move beyond anxiety, fear and self doubt
- Discuss your progress, and anything that gets in the way of your progress
- Prepare for your defense, get support and help with the job hunt
- Meet weekly, on the phone, with a coach and a confidential and supportive small group of students just like you.
- Enjoy the benefits and …magic, that a group provides
3. Individual Coaching For Professors, Post Docs and Grad Students
- We will help you finish your dissertation, article or book and get it published.
- We focus exclusively on your needs and goals.
- We can help you get prioritize, get organized, and stay on top of tasks, and we’ll teach you the strategies you need to achieve your goals.
- We can help you to get unblocked creatively and in some cases provide you with objective feedback about your work.
- You can brainstorm with your coach about ideas, and become more clear about your arguments.
- We will listen and offer knowledgeable and impartial advice about the departmental challenges you face.
- Weekly 30 or 45-minute individual telephone sessions.
- Click here to request more information about individual coaching.