Welcome to the Dissertation or Thesis Writer’s Toolkit
All your Dissertation or Thesis Writer’s Tools are available for immediate download on this page.
Just click on the links below to access any of the Tools.
The “Get Unstuck and Get Started” Tools
- Write Before You’re Ready: First Steps to Avoiding Writer’s Block (PDF)
- Academic Writer’s Block Wizard (free software download)
This link will launch the download of a small application file (.exe). When the dialogue box appears, simply click SAVE and choose a location on your computer that you’ll remember – we recommend straight to your desktop so it’s easy to find and use. Once it’s completely downloaded, just double click the icon to run the wizard.
Note to MAC users: the Wizard does not work on MACs so we created a PDF version. You can find it in PDF format by clicking here.
The “Get Organized and Stay Motivated” Tools
- Procrastinate Less, Write More (PDF)
- The Unschedule (PDF)
- 10 Ways of Thinking that Lead to Procrastination (PDF)
- Six Steps for Creating Your Own Mini-Deadlines (PDF)
The “Writing and Revising your Dissertation” Tools
- Mind Mapping (PDF with free software download)
- Mind Map Example (PDF)
- Dissertation Revision Techniques (PDF with free software download)
The “Be Kind to Yourself Even Though You’re in Grad School” Tools
- Self Assessment: “Do You Deserve a Ph.D.?” Find out if you have Ph.D. Impostor Syndrome! (Online Assessment)
- Positive Affirmations for Academic Writers (PDF)
- A Chart for Living a Balanced Life (Even if You’re a Graduate Student) (PDF)
- Balanced Life Reward Chart (PDF)
- Balanced Life Reward Chart (Word Document)
- Balanced Life Reward Chart Example (PDF)
The “Get a Job” Tool
Here is a copy of the email that will be sent to your friends
Hi <friend ‘s name>,
I thought you might enjoy a fun resource that I found for completing your dissertation or thesis.
You can check it out at:
<your comments, if any>
Thank you for your help in passing the word. After clicking the “Send Emails” button you will be returned to this page.
Questions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help.