Win a Flip Ultra
Win a Flip Ultra Video Camera – Share Your Stories About Bouncing Back!
Our previous two free eBooks, our “Inspirational QuoteBook,” and “What I Wish I’d Known – Dissertation or Thesis Writing Tips from those who have been there, done that!” were both created from content provided by our readers — and both were a big hit. They even got “fan mail!” People posted pages on their wall, and one enterprising reader even turned it into a poster!
So I’ve decided to hold the:
Third Somewhat-Annual Academic Ladder E-Book Contest –
Would you like to enter to win a Flip Ultra Camcorder, and help your fellow academics in the process?
How to Enter — it’s quick and easy!
Please send us either:
- A story of how you or a colleague overcame adversity (this can be little ways that you re-framed the situation in your mind or major steps that you took)
- Good advice on how to become more resilient that you have read or heard about elsewhere.
- A really good quote that would motivate people who are down in the dumps due to perceived failure, rejection, criticism or disappointment
- Good ideas that you have for how to deal with such negative events.
Even though it’s a depressing subject, the net effect of such a book will be that people can turn to it when they’re down and lift themselves up. I love the idea of academics helping other academics – that’s the way it should be.
And best of all: we’ll compile the results, create an eBook, and make it available to all my newsletter readers at no cost!
Submit your entries (and you’re welcome to submit up to three!) on our Facebook Fan Page. If you don’t have, and don’t want to create a Facebook account, you may email your entries to email@example.com. And please forward this email to your friends and colleagues and invite them to join us to create this great resource for academics. The more people that enter, the better quality and quantity of advice we will get.
Here are the rules of the contest:
1. All entries must be received by midnight, US Eastern time, Wednesday, March 23rd, 2011.
2. Send us stories, advice, or inspirational quotes that would help your fellow academics overcome failure, rejection, criticism or disappointment.
3. Don’t identify individuals or institutions. Don’t send rants or rageful stories. Focus on the positive. Please don’t disclose your identity if you are telling a very specific story that you wouldn’t want any future employer to read. Academic Ladder can’t be responsible for you accidentally disclosing private information. We strongly advise against that.
4. We will announce, in my newsletter, blog, and on Facebook, the winner of the contest, using your Facebook user name.
5. When we post the winner’s name, we’ll need you to contact us with your full name, email address, and mailing address so that we may send you the camera. We will not publish your personal information anywhere (we will only use your Facebook username to announce you are the winner).
6. Please keep stories to a max of 250 words.
7. No duplicate entries.
8. We reserve the right to add or change rules whenever we feel the need.
So take a few minutes and submit your entries now — post your inspiring stories, advice, or your favorite quotes on resilience, on our FaceBook Fan Page.
See you on the Academic Ladder Facebook Page !